Pianists invited to play at The Royal Exchange Arcade for a chance to win!
The city-wide mjf Piano Trail runs from 5th to 29th May and sees 13 pianos located in key locations throughout the city, freely available for the public to play.
Organisers of the trail are searching for Manchester’s most innovative street pianists, with chances to win a host of prizes in the process. There’s an open invitation for aspiring pianists to pop by and show off their talents by tinkling the ivories on a piano, one of which will sit inside The Royal Exchange Arcade.
Amongst the many prizes up for grabs is a beautiful gift from Jenny Jones Jewellery, the stunning independent jewellery store located in The Royal Exchange arcade. The lucky winner will be able to pick from a choice of a contemporary pair of saxophone cufflinks or the exceptionally apt ‘Soul Stone’ necklace.
To be in with a chance to be named one of Manchester’s best street pianists and win one of the prizes on offer, simply find one of the pianos in the trail, capture a short video of your performance and post the video to your Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account, tagging in @manchesterjazzfestival / @manjazzfest and using the hashtag #mjfpianotrail
An Extra Chance To Win
To add even further to the event, The Royal Exchange Manchester is also putting up its own prize for anyone who plays the piano in the Royal Exchange Arcade between now and 29th May.
Simply tag @royalexchangemanchester (Facebook and Instagram) or @TheRoyalExMcr (twitter) when you upload your piece to social and you’ll be entered into a prize draw to win £100 to spend at a store, café or restaurant of your choice at The Royal Exchange (excludes the theatre and Rivals bar)
It doesn’t matter if you’re a complete novice, or an award-winning concert pianist…everyone is welcome to have a go!
The mjf Piano Trail has been launched by Manchester Jazz Festival in partnership with Forsyth Music Shop
Since its inception in 1996, Manchester Jazz Festival has become the city’s longest-running music festival. This year’s event, which takes place between 20th and 29th May, is the first live festival for three years and features over 40 live music events. The mjf Piano Trail is the first of its kind in Manchester and is set to bring the city alive with the sound of music from 5th May until the end of the Manchester Jazz Festival.
The mjf Piano Trail prizes up for grabs are:
- Yamaha: Yamaha Digital Piano P-45B
- A £30 Wagamama gift voucher for all winners
- Doner Haus: Meal for up to 4 including pre/post drink
- Lion’s Den, Deansgate Mews: £50 bar tab
- Manchester Art Gallery: Afternoon Tea for two
- Jenny Jones: a pair of saxophone cufflinks or a soul stone necklace
- 20 Stories: Afternoon tea for two with a glass of fizz
- The Lawn Club: A complimentary pod booking and a bottle of Prosecco, for up to six people.
- Northern Rail: Four tickets at any time to anywhere on Northern rail network
- Quayside MediaCityUK: prize package includes:
- 2 x £25 Quayside Gift Card
- Two lots of two tickets to Vue Cinema
- Copy of Salford Edition Monopoly
- Two lots of two tickets for ITV Jungle Challenge
The Royal Exchange Manchester prize up for grabs is:
- £100 voucher to spend at The Royal Exchange Manchester