The Royal Exchange Manchester celebrates 100 years
October 8th 2021 will mark 100 years since The Royal Exchange was officially opened – in the format it is now – by King George V and Queen Mary in 1921, following its refurbishment and third extension.
To celebrate the occasion, The Royal Exchange will be hosting their own Summer event with live music in the Arcade from Bertie and the Spiffs – a one-of-a-kind fun 1920s swing band with a difference, as well as a roaming solo saxophonist to entertain as you browse the shops around the building. They’ll also be giving away scrumptious cupcakes in the Arcade (while stocks last!)
Many of the shops and cafes will be joining in the celebrations, with themed special offers and exclusive in-store discounts for one day only, including:
- 21% off all silver jewellery in Mays jewellers in the Arcade
- A free waxing service for your Fjӓllrӓven clothing and bags, plus 10% discount on all purchases in Fjӓllrӓven Manchester on Old Bank Street
- 10% off everything instore at Jenny Jones Jewellery in the Arcade
- Special offers in Amaranth natural health & beauty, along with Pukka tea tasting plus a prize draw to win vouchers
- A free gift when you spend £15 or more instore at L’Occitane skincare and beauty on Market St
- 10% off Lanigan & Hulme’s new menswear and women’s wear autumn winter collection when you mention the 100th birthday
- 10% off in Diamond Heaven jewellers
- Discounts and activity in the Arcade barbers, The Butchers chop shop
In addition, Yards Store, the independent menswear shop on Old Bank St, has promised to offer 20% friends & family discount off all full priced items in their store to anyone dressed in 1920s outfits on the day.
So if you’re in Manchester come and join us for music, food and lots of special offers!
The Royal Exchange Manchester, Saturday 28th August between 1pm – 4pm
We’ll see you there!