Love, love, love!
The Royal Exchange Manchester has everything you need to make Valentine’s Day special
The most romantic day of the year is fast approaching – which means the pressure is on to find the perfect gift for your loved one. Luckily, all our retailers at The Royal Exchange have put their hearts into making sure you’re able to make your other half happy on 14th February! In fact, with the shops stocked full of gorgeous gifts, you’ll be spoilt for choice!
And for those of you who want to make Valentine’s Day truly memorable (and maybe even get down on one knee!) The Royal Exchange has an amazing array of premium jewellers to help you find that perfect ring to suit all tastes, and pockets.
Here’s our guide to The Royal Exchange’s top five gifts for lovers:
- For vintage and one-off bespoke pieces you have to visit the life-size jewellery box that is Jenny Jones Jewellery. This independent store has been in The Royal Exchange for over 40 years, earning a reputation for prestige and quality.
- If you’re looking for jewellery and watches from esteemed brands such as Thomas Sabo, Swarovski and Coeur De Lion, then Arthur Kay is the store for you.
- Watch lovers will be in heaven in the luxury watch boutique Swiss Watch Shop in the Arcade; stockists of Rolex, Cartier and Breitling watches – plus several other high-end brands. And, despite the name, they do sell rings too!
- Those planning to propose need to head to Diamond Heaven; specialists in diamond engagement rings, eternity and wedding rings. You must also pop into the nearby Mays Jewellers, who have almost 200 year’s experience as jewellery specialists and stock an incredible range of pre-loved and brand-new engagement rings.
- Wave is the place to go for unique, contemporary pieces; including wedding rings and bespoke diamond engagement rings.
Always a winner! And it doesn’t come much better than the taste sensations produced by the luxury chocolatiers Hotel Chocolat. The store is a chocolate lover’s dream, with every variation of chocolates and gift sets you could ask for.
And if you want to further indulge the chocolate lover in your life, you absolutely have to buy Whittard of Chelsea’s incredible Blueberry Cheesecake white hot chocolate. Purchase quickly though as, following its great success last year, the drink has been brought back – but for a limited time only.
Whisky (and gin!)
The largest whiskey specialist in the UK, The Whisky Shop, has a vast selection of high-quality Scotch and world whiskies. You can have your bottle personalised, and you’ll also find a range of rare and collectable whiskies. Even better, they also have a selection of premium gin!
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, L’Occitane has launched its new collaboration with Rifle Paper Co, which includes the limited-edition Mon Amour ultra-rich body cream and shea butter hand cream.
Lush also has a fabulous range for Valentines, including the Love Boat bath bomb, the Love Token bubble bar and The Joy of Six gift set. The Royal Exchange Lush store is the first ‘naked’ store in the UK. Fortunately (or some may say unfortunately!) this doesn’t mean bare bodies; but it does mean package-free products.
Clothes and Accessories
Lanigan and Hulme is the ultimate destination to buy for your dapper gent. The luxury menswear boutique stocks only the finest range of clothes, accessories and grooming products.
French Connection is also a great choice. They have just launched their new range, full of fab clothes and accessories for both sexes, including some cosy red numbers just in time for Valentine’s.
For the fitness lover, Lululemon is the ultimate destination for sport and yoga wear, as well as accessories. The store also provides free yoga classes every Sunday morning – the gift that keeps on giving!
Finally, for those of you who are single, or who have a partner lacking in the romance department, there’s really only one thing for it – head down to The Royal Exchange and treat yourself!